Maserati has been around for one hundred years now, and the Italian car company has done a lot in a century. They are famous for their beautiful sports cars that capture the imagination with their style and capture the heart with their scintillating performance.
But there are many things you may not know about this famous car company, which is why our Queens area Maserati dealer wanted to provide you with ten facts about the famous trident-emblazoned car company. This is the first part of a two-part series celebrating their 100th birthday with some lesser-known facts about Maserati.
5 Maserati Facts
1. The company was started back in 1914 by Alfieri Maserati. The new Maserati concept car pays homage to the owner. He also had help from his family with three of his brothers, Bindo, Ettore, and Ernesto, helping him get the company off the ground.
2. The trident symbol that adorns each Maserati grille is a powerful and striking image that exemplifies the company’s passion and power. What you may not know is that it was inspired by the statue of the Roman god, Neptune, which is located in the company’s hometown of Bologna.
3. You may know that the Italian car company got its start as a racing car manufacturer, but in the beginning, they were best known for solid, dependable spark plugs.
4. The racing heritage is part of the company’s DNA. In fact, they only built racing cars for the first 20 years of the company’s existence. That could be why their modern cars are so majestic on the road today.
5. Not only did Maserati make racing cars; they made racing champions. In 1939 and 1940, Maserati vehicles won the Indy 500, which is one of the most prestigious racing events in the world.
Check back soon for more interesting facts in the second part of this series. If you want to lease a Maserati near Queens, give us a call today at 516-740-1234.